The Huon Valley Youth Committee is for young people aged 12 – 25 years living in the Huon Valley. There are 15 spaces on the Committee.
Meetings are conducted on a monthly basis and held in the Council Chambers. Being a member of the Youth Committee may also include some weekend events and activities.
The Youth Committee is an opportunity for young people to be involved in their community, provide a voice for other young people and to organise events and activities for other young people in the Huon Valley. The Committee seeks to provide representation from each of the Huon Valley’s main towns.
Opportunities for training and leadership development, including networking with other youth focused groups, will be provided to enable members to fulfill their roles effectively and develop their skills.
The Youth Committee has been established to:
- Act as a link between young people and the Huon Valley Council
- Ensure the opinions and views of young people are heard
- Help inform the broader community about youth issues
- Provide young people with a place to raise issues or make comment on things that affect young people throughout the Huon Valley
- Provide opportunities for young people to plan and deliver community projects
- Support young people to engage with the community
- Support young people to lead action and change for a positive future; and
- Promote and recognise the diverse contributions young people make to the community.
Light refreshments and snacks will be provided at all committee meetings. Please contact us to discuss transport options.
For general enquiries, support with this form or to submit an EOI please contact Huon Valley Council’s Youth Development Officer, by mail or email:
Huon Valley Council
40 Main Street
Huonville TAS 7109
Phone: (03) 6264 0300
Successful applicants will be appointed to the Committee for a 2 year period (2020 – 2021).