In accordance with the Terms of Reference, the Committee shall be limited to the following roles and functions:
- To monitor the performance of the General Manager in accordance with the General Manager’s employment contract.
- To undertake the annual performance review of the General Manager in accordance with the General Manager’s employment contract in a timely manner.
- To negotiate with the General Manager on the salary package and benefits to be paid in the following year at the completion of the performance review process for recommendation to the Council.
- To provide recommendations to the Council on the General Manager’s contract of employment.
- To negotiate the appointment of an independent facilitator or engage independent legal or human resources or other professional advice as required to assist the Committee and the Council in complying with the terms and conditions of the General Manager’s employment contract for recommendation to the Council.
The membership of the Committee shall comprise four persons of whom shall be the following:
- Deputy Mayor
- Two Councillors
- 16 December 2019 – 1pm