The Huon Valley Arts and Culture Committee:
- Creates a consultative link between the community and the Huon Valley Council by providing a mechanism for feedback and promoting communication on arts, culture and heritage activities including Council’s major events and festivals,
- Identifies funding opportunities for relevant arts and cultural projects and events, and to contribute to submissions,
- Actions, where appropriate, Arts and Culture issues of importance and priority to the community, and
- Collaboratively identifies and implements measures to enhance the arts and culture of the Huon Valley community, supporting the Huon Valley Arts and Culture Strategy.
The Committee will work with the Huon Valley Council, stakeholders and the wider community to:
- Support the implementation of the Arts and Culture Strategy,
- Act as a consultative link between the community and the Huon Valley Council by providing a mechanism for feedback and promoting communication,
- Assist in identifying and responding to key issues relating to arts, culture and heritage in the Huon Valley,
- Support Council with advocacy on and promotion of relevant arts and cultural matters, and
- Strengthen partnerships across sectors and other relevant networks and organisations.
For general enquiries, support with this form or to find out other ways for engaging with the Art and Culture program, please contact Huon Valley Council’s Arts and Culture Officer, Miranda Wageman by phone on (03) 6264 0300 or email@example.com
Applications may be submitted by mail or email no later than 5pm on Friday 17 January 2020
Huon Valley Council
40 Main Street
Huonville TAS 7109
Phone: (03) 6264 0300
The Huon Valley Arts and Cultural Strategy was endorsed by Council in September 2018.
File size warning – this is a large file – 4MB
Dr L.J. Owen