The purpose of the Huon Valley Health and Wellbeing Committee is to:
- Assist in identifying emerging health and wellbeing priorities and trends for the Huon Valley community;
- Support Council with advocacy on and promotion of health and wellbeing matters;
- Act as a consultative and communicative link between the community and the Huon Valley Council;
- Strengthen partnerships across member organisations and other relevant networks and organisations.
We are looking for interested community members and organisations to join the Huon Valley Council Health & Wellbeing Committee.
Members will promote:
- Positive health and wellbeing outcomes for all residents
- Access to fresh food, transport and housing in the Valley
- Projects that build individual and community resilience
- Active outdoor options
- A sense of community connection and belonging.
Nominations close Monday 7 January 2019.
The nomination form is available for download here or complete the community or stakeholder form below.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Council’s Community Services department on 6264 0300.
- Pamela Lane, Community Representative
- Warren Leeder, Community Representative
- Diannah Paramour, Community Representative
- Elizabeth Haworth, Community Representative
- Merran Newman, Community Representative
- Anneli Valkama, Community Representative
- Paula Swatman, Community Representative
- Jennifer Wehnert, Huon Regional Care
- Kim Beven, Huon Community Health Centre
- Mirjam Holthuis, Huon Disability Network/ Baptcare
- David Gutteridge, Libraries Tasmania
- Jafar Clarke, Colony 47