The Huon Valley Health and Wellbeing Committee:
- Creates a consultative link between the community, service providers and key stakeholders and the Huon Valley Council by providing a mechanism for feedback and promoting communication
- Collaboratively identifies and implements measures to enhance the health and wellbeing of the Huon Valley community, supporting the Huon Valley Health and Wellbeing Strategy,
- Actions, where appropriate, Health and Wellbeing issues of importance and priority to the community, and
- Identifies funding opportunities for relevant health and wellbeing projects and to contribute to submissions.
The Committee works with the Huon Valley Council, stakeholders and the wider community to:
- Support the implementation of the Huon Valley Health and Wellbeing Strategy,
- Assist in identifying emerging health and wellbeing priorities and trends for the Huon Valley community,
- Support Council with advocacy on and promotion of health and wellbeing matters,
- Act as a consultative and communicative link between the community and the Huon Valley Council, and
- Strengthen partnerships across member organisations and other relevant networks and organisations.
For general enquiries, support with your application, or to find out other ways for engaging please contact Huon Valley Council’s Health and Wellbeing Officer, Julie Gordon by phone on (03) 6264 0300 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications may be submitted by mail or email no later than 5pm on Friday 17 January 2020
Huon Valley Council
40 Main Street
Huonville TAS 7109
Phone: (03) 6264 0300
Councillor Juarne Bird
Dr Jo Topp
David Gutteridge (Huonville Library)
Margie Kirk (SETAC)
Allison Bligh (Maxima Group)
Deirdre McGowan (Huon Valley Health Centre