The Huon Valley Council Volunteer Service Awards are presented annually to recognise the achievements and contributions made by the many volunteers of the Huon Valley municipal area. These awards are presented during National Volunteer Week in May each year.
In 2021, there are four award categories open for nominations:
Volunteer Service Award (under 5 years)
This award acknowledges people who have provided up to five years of voluntary service to the Huon Valley community.
Major Volunteer Service Award (5–10 years)
This award recognises those who have given between five and ten years of voluntary service to the Huon Valley community.
Outstanding Volunteer Service Award (over 10 years)
The Outstanding Volunteer Service Award is in recognition of volunteers who have dedicated more than ten years of service to the Huon Valley community.
Lifetime Volunteer Service Award (over 20 years) – new category!
The Lifetime Volunteer Service Award is in recognition of volunteers who have dedicated more than 20 years of service to the Huon Valley community.
Guidelines and conditions of entry for the Volunteer Service Awards:
- Written submissions should be between 200 and 500 words detailing your nominees’ significant achievements and community values.
- Nominations are open to all persons who have a proven history of dedication and involvement within the Huon Valley community. This includes those who reside outside the Huon Valley municipal.
- Explain the achievements, background and volunteering history of your nominee. You can enclose copies of any newspaper or magazine articles about the nominee or the volunteer group with which the nominee is associated.
- Nominations must be made through the official form and must include the name of at least one referee.
- All information and material submitted remains the property of the Huon Valley Council.
How to submit
Please email your nominations to email@example.com
Or, post to:
Community Engagement Officer, Huon Valley Council, PO Box 210, Huonville TAS 7109
If you have a question, please contact us on (03) 6264 0300.
Nominations close Sunday 28 February 2021.
Feature image: 2019 Volunteer Service Award winner Rosalie Kirby with Huon Valley Council Mayor Bec Enders and Lesley King from the Tasmania Fire Service.