Our monthly Ordinary Meeting of Council was held on Wednesday 26 April 2023.
The full meeting agenda, supporting documents and video recording can be found on our website’s Meetings, Agendas and Minutes page (scroll down to Past Meetings and select the April meeting).
Key items discussed included:
Public Question Time included questions related to the Future of Local Government review, Councillor workshops, proposed upgrades to existing Telstra mobile phone base stations at Cradoc and Wattle Grove, notification of DA or SUB approval and subsequent amendment, Community Vision, and TPC hearing costs and outcomes.
- Planning Application for construction of a new road by the Department of State Growth from the Huon Highway near Orchard Avenue, Huonville, to the junction of Channel Highway with Flood Road, Huonville (Huon Link Road) (DA-337/2022)
- Report under Section 35F of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993 on a representation received by the Planning Authority following exhibition of the Draft Huon Valley Local Provisions Schedule (LPS-HUO-TPS)
Councillors had the opportunity to attend 3 workshops from 27 March to 19 April, including site visits to various Council assets and buildings in Cygnet, facilitated workshop to discuss Councillor priorities, and draft budget for FY 2023/2024.
- Addressing Councillor Misconduct- Discussion Paper
- Merit-based Recruitment in Councils – Discussion Paper
- Lease of Public Land – 236 Mountain Rover Road, Mountain River
- Lease of Public Land – Huon Valley PCYC – 72 Wilmot Road, Huonville
- Lease of Public Land – 72 Wilmot Road, Huonville – Huonville Mens Shed
- Cash In Lieu of Car Parking Contribution Policy relating to 14A Wilmot Road, Huonville for DA-267/2022
- Financial Report
- Status Report – Outstanding Rates Debtors
Items addressed in Closed Council:
- 2023 Huon Valley Community Awards
- Status Report – Outstanding Accounts Receivables
- Finance and Development Services Resourcing