Council crews, assisted by contractors have had a busy week cleaning up storm damage, making bridges safe and repairing roads and drains.
Please be aware with more rainfall predicted, road conditions will remain variable and extra caution is advised. Residents are reminded that driveway crossings are the property owners’ responsibility to keep unblocked. Keeping your driveway culvert clear could save your driveway and the road.
Over the coming weeks we expect to see more landslides, sinkholes and fallen trees and we appreciate your patience as we prioritise our work.
Key crew locations from this weekend and next week are as follows:
UNSEALED ROAD GRADING
– New Road, Old Road, Franklin
– Braeside Road, Franklin
– Harwoods Road, Geeveston
SEALED ROAD WORKS
– Glen Road bridge Ranelagh, debris removal this weekend. Please avoid the area if possible
– Glen Road Ranelagh, repairs commencing next week
– Snowy View Heights Huonville, bridge debris removal this weekend. Please avoid the area if possible
– Doodys Hill Road Port Huon, seal repair
– Maxfields Road, Franklin
– Sledge Hill Road, Glendevie
– Drain/culvert jet clearing, Huonville area. Friday, Monday, Tuesday
– Pelverata Road, culvert clearing