The Huon Valley Council Volunteer Service Awards are presented annually to recognise the achievements and contributions made by the many volunteers of the Huon Valley municipal area. These awards are presented during National Volunteer Week in May each year.
Volunteer Service Award (under 5 years)
This award acknowledges people who have provided less than 5 years of voluntary service to the Huon Valley community.
Special Volunteer Service Award (5 – 10 years)
This award recognises those who have given between 5 and 10 years of voluntary service to the Huon Valley community.
Outstanding Volunteer Service Award (over 10 years)
The Outstanding Volunteer Service Award is in recognition of volunteers who have dedicated more than 10 years of service to the Huon Valley community.
Guidelines and Conditions of Entry for Volunteer Service Awards
- Written submissions should be between 200 and 500 words detailing their significant achievements and community values.
- Nominations for the Volunteer Awards are open to all persons who have a proven history of dedication and involvement within the Huon Valley community. This includes those who reside outside the Huon Valley municipal.
- Explain the achievements, background and volunteering history. You can enclose copies of any newspaper or magazine articles about the nominee or the volunteer group that the nominee is associated with.
- Nominations must be on an official form and include the name of at least one referee.
- All information and material submitted remains the property of the Huon Valley Council.
A nomination form can be found here or contact the Council on 6264 0300.
Nominations close 5pm Friday 6 March 2020
*Update: the close date for nominations has been extended to Friday 6 March 2020!