Are you interested in how natural resources and values in the Huon Valley are managed? Do you have experience in natural values management and conservation? Then the Huon Valley Council (HVC) would like to hear from you.
The HVC is currently inviting expressions of interest from the community for members to form a new Natural Resource Management Committee which will meet three times yearly in January, July and October. The committee’s objectives are to:
- Support Council with advocacy on, and promotion of, natural resource management matters;
- Act as a consultative and communicative link between the community and the Huon Valley Council;
- Strengthen partnerships across member organisations and other relevant networks and organisations;
- Contribute to the development and review of the Huon Valley Natural Resource Management Strategy.
Further information, the committee terms of reference and member nomination forms can be obtained from:
- In Person: Natural Resource Management Unit, 40 Main Street, Huonville
- Phone: Lyle Ground on 6264 0365
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest for committee membership must be received by the Council by 5pm, Friday 5 July 2019.