About This Position
- Permanent Full Time
- Monthly RDO
- 12.5% Super
Located just 30 minutes south of Hobart, the Huon Valley Council is looking to appoint a Regional Development Officer. You will be required to assist with promoting and facilitating sustainable business growth and development; enhancing sustainable economic growth and prosperity with the Council district and providing services and support to the business community and prospective investors.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant economic or regional development, tourism, marketing or business field or comparable industry experience;
- Strong commitment to improving the economic outcomes of regional communities;
- Excellent computer skills, including database management, and a good understanding of and practical experience in website management;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to deal with industry groups, volunteer groups and encourage positive forward thinking in group situations;
- High level written and oral communication skills, time management skills and the ability to meet reasonable deadlines;
- Current drivers licence.
- Experience in Local Government or a corporate organisation;
- Graphic design and desktop publishing skills.
Applicants must address the selection criteria outlined in the position description.
Application Close Date
Regional Development Coordinator, Michelle Gledhill, 03 6264 0300