About This Position
- Maximum term part-time (until 30 June 2018)
- 10 hours per week
- Friendly team environment
The Huon Valley Council is looking for an individual who will provide administrative support to the Council’s Positive Ageing Committee, progress the Seniors Program within the Huon Valley, and source grant funding opportunities.
You will have a relevant qualification and/or experience working with seniors, as well as the ability to use one’s initiative, prioritise and multitask.
Applications are to include a CV and covering letter (max 3 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to process work in designated timeframes.
- Demonstrated experience within the Microsoft Office suite of applications including MS Publisher along with strong and accurate typing and data input skills.
- Demonstrated ability using one’s own initiative, setting priorities, planning and organising workloads.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of government programs and funding procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of other service providers for seniors, their target population, services and referral procedures
- Ancillary passenger licence.
- Current Workplace 2 First Aid Certificate.
- Working with Children Check.
- Ability to develop networks and partnerships with key stakeholders including Government, corporate and community organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to source grant funding.
- A relevant qualification and /or experience working with seniors.
- A demonstrated experience in the delivery of primary health care / health promotion and education.
- Experience in community based program development
- Experience working in Local Government
For more information contact Jacqui Brooksbank, Executive Manager Family Services, on (03) 6264 0300.
Fixed Term - Part-time