About This Position
- Permanent Part Time (3 days per week)
- Attractive Employee Benefits
- Caring and Committed team environment
We currently have an employment opportunity for a Coordinator to advance the aims and strategies of the Council’s NRM Unit. This role will see you promote and support the implementation of sustainable natural resource management policies and principals within the Huon Valley. We are seeking a motivated and driven professional with experience in Natural Resource Management or a degree in environmental science/agricultural science. Applicants should also have demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing natural resource and weed management, plans, studies, strategies, programs and projects. For further information on this position please contact Matthew Grimsey on (03) 6264 0300. Applications close 5:00pm on Friday 18 September 2015.
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Natural Resources or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in Natural Resource Management.
- High Level of experience in project management including project planning, reporting and evaluation.
- Experience preparing and implementing significant natural resource and weed management, plans, studies, strategies, programs and projects.
- High level communication skills, including conflict resolution and negotiation, experience working and reporting to a broad range of stakeholders, including industry, government, community, and involvement working with steering committees or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating Care Group (or volunteer) activities.
- The ability to apply independent judgement and solve operational problems as they arise.
- The ability to effectively organise workloads in a fast paced office environment and meet deadlines.
- Experience managing staff and in managing and procuring contractors and/or consultants.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Current unrestricted motor vehicle driver’s licence
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Application Close Date
Executive Manager Regulatory & Development Services