About This Position
- Permanent Full Time
- Fortnightly RDOs
- 12.5% Super
The Huon Valley Council is seeking a Multi Skilled Leading Hand within the Infrastructure Services Department. This role will provide leadership and guidance within the maintenance and construction of infrastructure within the Huon Valley municipal area.
You will have previous experience in a similar role, as well as strong supervisory and communication skills.
If you are keen for a range of experiences, and would like a career that challenges you – while enjoying the Huon’s beautiful natural surroundings we would like to hear from you.
Applications are to include a CV and covering letter (max 3 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements:
- Drivers Licence (MR).
- Knowledge and skill levels relevant to the position.
- Demonstrated skills and experience operating a range of plant and equipment.
- Strong supervisory, communication and conflict resolution skills with the ability to direct, coach and motivate others.
- Physical capacity to undertake manual labour within the scope of responsibilities.
- Understanding of WHS policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local government operations.
- Knowledge of IPWEA Standards.
- White Card.
- First Aid Certificate (Basic).
- Traffic Control Ticket.
For more information about his position please contact Sean Black, Acting Manager Infrastructure Works Implementation, on (3) 6264 0300.
Applications close 9am on Monday, 27 February 2017