About This Position
- Permanent Full Time
- Monthly RDO
- 12.5% super
The Huon Valley Council currently has an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Environment Services to join their Environment and Development Services Department. This role will manage, develop and coordinate the resources of the Environment Services Programs in accordance with Council’s strategic plan, annual plan and budget.
You will have a bachelor degree in a relevant field and comprehensive experience in a similar role. You will also have high level strategic, conceptual and analytical skills, the ability to manage a multiplicity of operations and functions, and high level communication skills.
If you are keen for a range of experiences, and would like a career that challenges you while enjoying the Huon’s beautiful natural surroundings we would like to hear from you.
Applications are to include a CV and covering letter addressing the selection criteria indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant field and comprehensive relevant practical experience in management, NRM, Environmental Health, Environmental Management, and Compliance.
- Demonstrated high level strategic, conceptual and analytical skills.
- Ability to advance policy and programming development in the context of local, regional, state and national priorities.
- Demonstrated experience in managing human resources.
- High level communication and conflict resolution skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a multiplicity of operations, functions and projects whilst achieving corporate objectives.
- Demonstrated financial and asset management skills.
- Strategic, project management and operational planning skills.
- Thorough understanding of the Tasmanian Local Government and State Government Frameworks.
- Specialist knowledge and skills in the following:
- Environmental Health, including disease control, food regulation, public-use building standards, health education, water quality monitoring, public health risk activities, on-site wastewater management systems, development assessments, and responding to environmental nuisances;
- Compliance matters, including statutory planning, building, plumbing and development compliance, animal welfare and control, and fire hazard abatement;
- Waste Management, including kerbside collection, waste transfer stations, recycling, and re-use;
- Natural Resource Management, including the conservation and enhancement of natural values, the protection of cultural values, and the management of weeds, pests and diseases;
- Climate Change.
For further information on this position contact Luke Chiu, Director Environment & Development Services, on (03) 6264 0300
Applications close at 9am on Monday, 28 August 2017.