About This Position
- Fun and lively environment
- 12.5% super
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a self motivated person to join the Youth Services Unit as a Youth Activities Officer. The successful applicant will assist in the coordination and supervision of youth programs including the very popular Boredom Busters program.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in working with young people aged 13 to 24 years, have strong communication and organisational skills and the ability to work as part of a team. This position includes assistance in the delivery of evening and weekend programs.
Applicants must address the selection criteria outlined below:
- Demonstrated experience in working with young people 13-24 years
- Demonstrated ability using one’s own initiative, setting priorities, planning and organising workloads
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop networks and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the broad issues for young people in rural areas
- Manual driver’s Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Working with Children Certification.
- Experience working with Local Government
- Qualification or studying towards a qualification in a related field.
For further information please contact Susan Dickson, Youth Health Officer, on (03) 6264 0300.
Applications close 9.00am Monday, 12 December 2016