About This Position
- Max Term Part Time
- 12.5% Super
- Fun and lively team environment
Huon Valley Children’s Services provides quality child care services for families in the Huonville, Geeveston and Dover communities. We currently have numerous opportunities for Qualified Early Childhood Educators to provide coverage to the Huonville, Dover and Geeveston Child Care Centres. The successful applicants will be responsible for the provision of quality early learning programs to children aged birth to 12 years.
Applications are to include a CV and covering letter (max 3 pages), indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of Children’s Services programs for 0 to 5 year olds
- Program planning experience
- High level communication skills, including conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation, with both adults and children
- Demonstrated understanding of the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010, National Quality Standard and regulatory framework
- Demonstrated ability using one’s own initiative, setting priorities, planning, organising workload and achieving deadlines
- Ability to coach, supervise support workers, students and volunteers
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise a small team
- Ability to implement Council and Service policies and procedures
- Enthusiasm and commitment to create enjoyable and responsive programs.
- Experience working with Local Government.
- Basic computer skills in using Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Learning Frameworks – Belonging, Being and Becoming – The Early Years Learning Framework and My Time, Our Place – Framework for School Age Care in Australia
Essential Compliance/Qualification Requirements
- Approved early childhood diploma or teaching qualification
- Current First Aid Certificate, EAM and Anaphylaxis.
- CPR update annually.
- Current Department of Education Safety Screening Certificate
- Certified Supervisor certification.
We will consider applicants who are currently working towards their qualification. The position description and rate of pay will be dependent on the successful applicant’s level of qualification. For more information please contact Jacqui Brooksbank, Executive Manager Family Services, 03 6264 0328.
Fixed Term - Part-time