Council wishes to advise our community that while our Medical Centres remain private billing practices, we will be passing on the benefit of the Federal Government’s tripling of the incentive payments for select items accessed by eligible patients (Commonwealth concession card holders and children under 16 years old).
From Wednesday 1 November 2023, the Australian Government will increase Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) bulk billing incentive payments for select items for the above-mentioned patients, including:
- face-to face consultations in or out of GP consulting rooms;
- face-to-face consultations in residential aged care facilities;
- business hours and after-hours consultations for the above;
- telehealth appointments via phone or video;
- other ‘unreferred services’ such as chronic disease management items, Better Access mental health items, health assessments and minor procedures.
For further information, visit: Increases to Bulk Billing Incentive Payments | Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care
Please chat to the team at the practices should you have any queries.