Plantation harvest at Franklin
Message from Sustainable Timber Tasmania:
Sustainable Timber Tasmania would like to advise that a harvest operation of plantation blue gum will be commencing on approximately 12th July 2021 in coupe FN037B/D as shown on the below map. Harvesting will be carried out by Les Walkden Enterprises, and will occur between 7 am and 6 pm, Monday to Friday. Harvesting may occur on weekends if delays occur due to inclement weather conditions. It is expected that the harvest operation will take approximately 14 weeks.
A heavy vehicle permit has been approved for the haulage of logs on Chambers Road and Swamp Road, Franklin, as shown on the below map. The permit states that:
- Heavy vehicles must not travel during school zone restriction times between 07:00 am to 09:00 am and 03:00 pm to 04:00 pm on an official school day.
- Travel involving laden vehicles turning from Swamp Road onto the Huon Highway must not occur outside the hours of 7:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday.
- On unsealed roads, travel will be suspended during periods of prolonged rain, until sufficient time has passed to allow the road and road pavement to dry, preventing damage.
For more information, please contact either:
- Les Walkden Enterprises firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sustainable Timber Tasmania at STT.EngagementTeam@sttas.com.au
Image by Sustainable Timber Tasmania