Any current vacancies will be listed below.
Click the Apply Now button under the position you wish to apply and submit your application.
Applications are to include a CV, covering letter and a separate document addressing the selection criteria indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
About This Position
- Permanent Part Time
- 16 hours per week
- 12.5% super
You will be assisting to implement the Huon Valley Weed Management Strategy including notification letters and requirement notices, conducting surveys, maintaining a weed management database and supporting landholders in their weed management activities through individual advice and the delivery of workshops, as well as supporting the broader activities of the Natural Resource Management Unit.
You will have completed a relevant certificate or diploma level qualification and/or have extensive practical experience in a relevant field, and a demonstrated ability to follow administrative
or legislative processes.
For further information on this position please contact Allyson Hughes, Coordinator Natural Resource Management, on (03) 6264 0300.
- Completion of relevant certificate or diploma level qualification and/or relevant extensive practical experience.
- The ability to apply independent judgement and solve operational problems as they arise.
- High level communication skills, including conflict resolution and negotiation, with the ability to be able to influence stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
- The ability to effectively organise workloads and follow legislative processes.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing weed management plans, strategies, programs and/or projects.
- Demonstrated experience and/or training in GIS/mapping programs.
- Experience with specific weed management issues pertaining to the Huon Valley.
- Computer proficiency, including maintenance of databases and web sites.
Applications are to include a CV, cover letter and separate document addressing the selection criteria.
Applications close at 9.00am on Monday 9th July 2018.