Any current vacancies will be listed below.
Click the Apply Now button under the position you wish to apply and submit your application.
Applications are to include a CV, covering letter and a separate document addressing the selection criteria indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
About This Position
- Permanent Full Time
- Monthly RDO
- 12.5% super
Australia’s most southern municipality, the Huon Valley Council, is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to foster adherence to compliance requirements throughout the municipal area with relation to various legislation, by-laws and statutory requirements.
Working in the beautiful natural surrounds of the Huon Valley you will be undertaking patrols and inspections of the municipal area, as well as the investigation and resolution of Compliance complaints. Other duties will include acting as Municipal Pound Keeper, assisting in animal control as required, and participating in practical and educational campaigns to increase community awareness of compliance requirements.
This position requires the completion of a relevant certificate or Diploma, or practical experience, strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, the ability to interpret relevant legislation as well as the aptitude and confidence to deal with a range of animals in a variety of situations.
For further information on this position please contact Amanda Blakney, Manager Environment Services on (03) 6264 0358.
- Completion of relevant certificate or diploma level qualification and/or relevant extensive practical experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with difficult and demanding/stressful situations involving members of the public.
- The ability to use initiative and be adaptable in resolving problems and to escalate issues as appropriate.
- The ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation, by-laws, regulations and procedures in a regulatory environment.
- Aptitude, confidence and experience in dealing with a range of animals (predominantly livestock and dogs) in a variety of situations.
- Strong literacy and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports and non-standard correspondence.
- Proficient computer and keyboard skills utilising a range of systems and Microsoft applications.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Current class C unrestricted (manual) driver’s licence.
- Practical exposure to the use of electronic records management and Geographic Information Systems.
- Previous experience in a Local Government regulatory or compliance environment.
- Fire Hazard certification.
Applications are to include a CV and separate document addressing the selection criteria indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
Applications close at 9.00am on Monday 17th December 2018.