Any current vacancies will be listed below.
Click the Apply Now button under the position you wish to apply and submit your application.
Applications are to include a CV, covering letter and a separate document addressing the selection criteria indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
To ensure the selection panel can view your documents, please make sure written responses, resume/CVs, or copies of supporting documents have been saved in either Microsoft Word format (.doc, .docx), Portable Document Format (.pdf) or Rich Text Format (.rtf).
About This Position
- Registered Nurse: $78,989to $86,477, Enrolled Nurse: $70,255 to 77,218 plus 12.5% Super
Australia’s southernmost municipal area, the Huon Valley Council, is looking for a dedicated and community-oriented Registered Nurse or Enrolled Nurse to join their Medical Services Team at the Dover and Geeveston Medical Centres. Working alongside the Medical Centre’s General Practitioners, this role will provide quality patient and health care coordination to the community.
In this position you will perform clinical duties in accordance with best practice, including triage, wound and chronic disease management, assisting GPs with procedures, maintaining patient documentation, and ensuring appropriate management of cold chain and infection control. You will also conduct and manage Health Care Assessments, including home-based Health Assessments, ensuring the sterilisation and maintenance of clinical equipment, as well as providing support and, at times, relief to Reception.
To be successful in this position you will have a relevant qualification, experience working in a primary health care setting, and a current registration with AHPRA. You will also have high-level care coordination, referral skills and experience in the completion of Health Care Assessments. An Enrolled Nurses will be supervised by a Registered Nurse.
- Relevant qualification and current registration with AHPRA.
- Experience in working in a primary health care setting, preferably in a community-based role, and with elderly patients and chronic illnesses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current immunisation schedules, diabetes management, asthma management, enhanced primary care items, infection control, CPR and emergency resuscitation techniques, equipment and drugs.
- Skills in the functional/social/emotional home-based assessment of frail aged people and those living with a disability, and their carers.
- Knowledge of aged and disability services, including knowledge of broad health and welfare services.
- Experience in the completion of Health Care Assessments.
- Demonstrated care coordination and referral skills.
- Ability to monitor budgets and service allocation.
- Experience with medical centre software packages, in particular Pracsoft and Medical Director.
- Experience with quality assurance and practice accreditation programs.
- Experience with Medicare item numbers and health funds.
- Nurse Immuniser qualification.
- Health promotional and educational community programs.
- Wound management and foot care training.
Please note there are separate position descriptions for a Registered Nurse and an Enrolled Nurse, please ensure you look at the appropriate one for your qualifications.
For further information on this position contact Margaret McPherson, Manager Medical Services, (03) 6264 0364.
To be considered for this role your application must include a CV, covering letter and separate document addressing the selection criteria indicating your ability to meet the role requirements. Applications that fail to address the selection criteria will not be considered. Your application can be submitted via the website above.
Applications close on 9 August 2021.
Application Close Date
$78,959 to $86,477 plus 12.5% Super