Today the Huon Valley Hub is alive with activity as community members and groups, local service providers and businesses come together to explore their new social hub and make connections on Open Day.
The Huon Valley Council has been delighted at the response to the Hub, with many ideas being shared on how it can become a place for our community to learn new skills, become more informed, build connections and find support.
“The vision for the Huon Valley Hub is that it provides a flexible space for community members to meet with others, easily access programs and services, and take part in social activities and workshops,” said Mayor Bec Enders.
“A survey is now open for you to tell us your ideas for what you want to see in the Hub for our community.
“You can take the survey up until Friday 29 January on Have Your Say.”
Council wants to know what kind of ‘hardware’ you want inside and outside the Huon Valley Hub – this means things like meeting spaces, workshop spaces and audio-visual equipment.
Some of the spaces and opportunities which are planned to be made available from January 2021 include:
- Lounge area for informal meetings
- Meeting/workshop rooms with audio visual equipment
- Toilet, baby change table and kitchenette
- Exhibition opportunities
- Open-plan space for presentations and small events
- Neighbouring green space
“Please take this opportunity to Have Your Say and tell us what you think is important to be included at the Huon Valley Hub”
Council also wants to know what kind of ‘software’ you would like to see inside and outside the Hub – meaning activities like workshops, information sessions, art classes, exhibitions, music and games.
There is wide range of programs and activities that will take place the Hub, such as:
- Community health and wellbeing programs
- Parenting programs
- Demonstrations or tasters (fitness, nutrition, art etc.)
- Targeted community programs (positive ageing/youth)
- Outdoor markets, live entertainment and art exhibitions
- Harm prevention and awareness
- Community consultations
- Training courses, workshops and information sessions
- Artists in residence
- Committee and network group meetings
“Please take this opportunity to Have Your Say and tell us what you think is important to be included at the Huon Valley Hub to support a strong and healthy community,” said Cr Enders.
Stay up to date on the Huon Valley Hub by subscribing to our eNewsletter!