The Huon Valley Hub is a welcoming community space where you can connect with others, learn new skills and become more informed, and get the support you need in the one location.
The Huon Valley Hub is located on the lower level of 23 Main Street, Huonville and includes the neighbouring Green Space at 25 Main Street, Huonville. It is close to public transport, services and businesses.
The Huon Valley Council is opening the Hub to provide a space for Huon Valley community members to meet, connect with others, find out how to access services, and take part in social activities and workshops.
Council wants to know what kind of ‘hardware’ you want inside and outside the Huon Valley Hub – this means things like meeting spaces, workshop spaces and audio-visual equipment. Some of the spaces and opportunities which are planned to be made available from January 2021 include:
- Lounge area for informal meetings
- Meeting/workshop rooms with audio visual equipment
- Toilet, baby change table and kitchenette
- Exhibition opportunities
- Open-plan space for presentations and small events
- Neighbouring green space
Council also wants to know what kind of ‘software’ you would like to see inside and outside the Hub – meaning activities like workshops, information sessions, art classes, exhibitions, music and games.
There is wide range of programs and activities that will take place the Hub, such as:
- Community health and wellbeing programs
- Parenting programs
- Demonstrations or tasters (fitness, nutrition, art etc.)
- Targeted community programs (positive ageing/youth)
- Outdoor markets, live entertainment and art exhibitions
- Harm prevention and awareness
- Community consultations
- Training courses, workshops and information sessions
- Artists in residence
- Committee and network group meetings
Have Your Say now and tell us what you think is important to be included at the Huon Valley Hub to support a strong and healthy community.
The Hub will help recovery in our community – it will support people to feel connected and welcomed to access the care and support they need. This includes people who may never have had to seek support before.
Council’s Community Services department will be located upstairs, so staff members will be able to connect more directly with the community.
Stay up to date
For updates on the Huon Valley Hub, sign up to our eNewsletter!