Our monthly Ordinary Meeting of Council was held on Wednesday 25 October 2023.
The full meeting agenda, supporting documents and video recording can be found on our website’s Meetings, Agendas and Minutes page (scroll down to Past Meetings and select the October meeting).
*Technical difficulties were experienced during the live stream and some parts of the meeting are unavailable. We apologise for this.
Key items discussed included:
Public Question Time included questions related to planning statistics, Frederick Street Cygnet, General Manager departure and costs, General Manager recruitment panel, recent referendum, replanting trees, Mayor’s recent visit to Karratha, petition regarding glyphosate and HR policy review.
- Resolved with amendments- planning application (SUB-26/2022) – 2 lot subdivision (one new and balance) at 15 Louisa street, Cygnet (CT-136883/1)
- Resolved – report under Section 35F of the Land Use Planning and Approvals act 1993 on representations received by the Planning Authority following exhibition of the Draft Huon Valley Local Provisions Schedule (LPS‑HUO‑TPS)
- General Manager’s Operational Report
- Mayor Doyle Activities Report (September)
- Monthly Councillor Allowance Table (September)
- HR Quarterly Update
- Draft Huonville Recreational Area Management Advisory Committee Minutes 13 September 2023
- Draft Ranelagh Recreational Area Management Advisory Committee Minutes 20 September 2023
- Draft Audit Panel Minutes (open) 20 September 2023
- Draft Huon Valley Emergency Management Committee Minutes 26 September 2023
- Geeveston Town Hall Controlling Authority Board Meeting Minutes 21 August
- Geeveston Town Hall Controlling Authority Board Meeting Annual Report
- Geeveston Town Hall Controlling Authority Board Meeting Revised Strategic Plan 2022-2027
Councillors had the opportunity to attend 1 workshop on 18 October 2023 regarding Councillor priorities.
- Deferred to March 2024 – Lease of Public Land – Ranelagh Recreation Area
- Resolved – Local Government Association of Tasmania – general meeting motions
- Resolved – draft 2022/2023 Annual Report
- Resolved – consent to development outside the area of the building envelope applicable to 18 Bull Oak Way, Grove (CT‑181367/4)
- resolved – consent to development outside the area of the building envelope applicable to 62 Bull Oak Way, Grove (CT-181367/9)
- Resolved – financial report
- Resolved – community management committee annual general meeting nominations 2023
- Resolved – community wellbeing fees and charges 2023/24
- Resolved – lease of public land – port huon sports centre mezzanine level
Items addressed in Closed Council:
- General Reports
- Arrangements for the recruitment of a new General Manager