Our monthly Ordinary Meeting of Council was held on Wednesday 26 July 2023.
The full meeting agenda, supporting documents and video recording can be found on our website’s Meetings, Agendas and Minutes page (scroll down to Past Meetings and select the July meeting).
Key items discussed included:
Public Question Time included questions related to budget and cash position, Long Term Financial Plan, potential of a new footpath in Dover, Future of Local Government Review, staff survey, processing of Development Applications.
- Planning Application (SUB-30/2022) – 6 Lot Subdivision (5 New and Balance) and associated Infrastructure works, at 176 & 166 Glen Road, Ranelagh (CT-180090/1 & CT-151240/4) and Crown Road Reserve.
- Report Under Section 35F of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993 on Representations received by the Planning Authority following exhibition of the Draft Huon Valley Local Provisions Schedule (LPS-HUO-TPS).
- Resolved – General Manager’s Operational Report
- General Manager’s Operational Report
- Mayor Doyle Activities Report (May)
- HR quarterly Update
- Arts and Culture Meeting unconfirmed minutes 8 June 2023
- HVC Quick Grants Update (June)
- Economic Development Brand Marketing Strategy bi-annual update
- NRM Strategy Annual Implementation Report 2023
- NRM Weed Management Annual Implementation Report 2023
Workshops: Councillors had the opportunity to attend 6 workshops from 5 July to 19 July 2023, including Southern Tasmanian Regional Waste Authority (STRWA); Organisation & Structure Review Update; TasWater update re Geeveston Outfall Relocation Project; Future of Local Government Review; Tasmanian Police Inspector Colin Riley provided an update; and Strategic Projects for inclusion in Election Strategy Document.
Councillor Notices of Motion: Anchor collection
- Resolved with amendment – Future of Local Government Review
- Resolved – Huon Valley Jobs Hub Authority Progress Report (July 2023)
- Resolved – Community Wellbeing Fees and Charges 2023/24
- Resolved – Huon Valley Arts and Culture Committee Membership
- Resolved – Huon Valley Emergency Management Plan
Items addressed in Closed Council:
- General Reports