Preparing your bin for collection
- Please have your bins out by 6am on the day of collection and make sure there is a space of 1 metre between your household waste bin and your recycling bin.
- Make sure your bin is facing the road (wheels should be closest to your property).
- Don’t place your bin behind parked cars or under trees with overhanging branches.
- Please do not overfill your bins. Overfull or excessively heavy bins may not be emptied.
Dark green or red general waste bin
Household waste bins are collected weekly and should only be used for general household waste that cannot be recycled.
Yellow recycling bin
These bins are collected fortnightly on the same day of the week as your household waste bin.
Recyclable items include:
- paper and cardboard (including newspapers, magazines, catalogues, envelopes, egg cartons, milk cartons, juice cartons, cardboard boxes and any other paper)
- glass bottles and jars
- empty aluminium, steel and aerosol cans
- rigid plastic containers (including plastic drink bottles, yoghurt containers, detergent bottles, shampoo bottles).
- no need to take lids off bottles
- place all recyclables loose in the bin
- do not bundle newspapers
- do not put recyclables in plastic bags or bin liners
- do not put plastic bags in the bin.
Items not accepted by the kerbside collection service
- building and construction waste
- car components
- rocks and earth
- hot ashes
- hazardous waste (including ammunition, paint, oil, heavy metal batteries, pharmaceuticals, poisons, pesticides).
Collection occurs between 6am and 4pm. If your bins are not collected during this period on your collection day please leave the bin out and contact Council.
|Monday||Huonville South of the Huonville bridge, Franklin, Castle Forbes Bay, Port Huon, Geeveston, and Cairns Bay.|
|Tuesday||Lollara, Grove, Mountain River, Crabtree, Lucaston, North Huon Road from Ranelagh to Judbury, and Glen Huon Road to Judbury, Including Glen Huon and Judbury.|
|Wednesday||Ranelagh and Huonville from 2300 Huon Highway, including Wilmot Road.|
|Thursday||Huon Highway South of Geeveston and Esperance Coast Road, including Waterloo, Glendevie, Dover, Raminea, Strathblane, Surges Bay, Brooks Bay, Police Point, and Surveyors Bay.|
|Friday||Cygnet and the Channel Highway South of Huonville, Including Nichols Rivulet, Gardeners Bay and Deep Bay to the intersection of Abels Bay Road.|