Preparing your bin for collection
- Please have your bins out by 6am on the day of collection and make sure there is a space of 1 metre between your household waste bin and your recycling bin.
- Make sure your bin is facing the road (wheels should be closest to your property).
- Don’t place your bin behind parked cars or under trees with overhanging branches.
- Please do not overfill your bins. Overfull or excessively heavy bins may not be emptied.
Green household waste bin
Household waste bins are collected weekly and should only be used for general household waste that cannot be recycled.
Yellow recycling bin
These bins are collected fortnightly on the same day of the week as your household waste bin.
Recyclable items include:
- paper and cardboard (including newspapers, magazines, catalogues, envelopes, egg cartons, milk cartons, juice cartons, cardboard boxes and any other paper)
- glass bottles and jars
- empty aluminium, steel and aerosol cans
- rigid plastic containers (including plastic drink bottles, yoghurt containers, detergent bottles, shampoo bottles).
- no need to take lids off bottles
- place all recyclables loose in the bin
- do not bundle newspapers
- do not put recyclables in plastic bags or bin liners
- do not put plastic bags in the bin.
Items not accepted by the kerbside collection service
- building and construction waste
- car components
- rocks and earth
- hot ashes
- hazardous waste (including ammunition, paint, oil, heavy metal batteries, pharmaceuticals, poisons, pesticides).
|Monday||Huon Highway and Huonville South of the Huonville Bridge including Franklin, Port Huon and Scotts Road.|
|Tuesday||Lollara, Grove, Mountain River, Crabtree, Lucaston, North Huon Road from Ranelagh to Judbury, and Glen Huon Road to Judbury, Including Glen Huon and Judbury.|
|Wednesday||Huonville and Ranelagh including Wilmot Road and Lollara Road to the Lucaston Link Road.|
|Thursday||Geeveston and Dover, including the Huon highway from the Scotts Road intersection at Geeveston to the intersection of Martin Road Dover.|
|Friday||Cygnet and the Channel Highway South of Huonville, Including Nichols Rivulet, Gardeners Bay and Deep Bay to the intersection of Abels Bay Road.|
Collection occurs between 6am and 4pm. If your bins are not collected during this period on your collection day please leave the bin out and contact Council.