Report animal cruelty or neglect

If you have a concern about the welfare of any animal (pet or livestock) contact the RSPCA for advice and assistance. Councils are not authorised to respond animal welfare reports.

Any person who has the care or charge of an animal has a duty to take all reasonable measures to ensure the welfare of the animal and comply with the Animal Welfare Act 1993.

To report ani​mal cruelty contact:

RSPCA Tasmania

Ph 1300 139 947


Website: Report Cruelty ⋆ RSPCA Tasmania – Prevent Animal Cruelty | Educate & Advocate

Find out more information on what to report here:

Reporting Animal Cruelty or Neglect | Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania (