Following the completion of community engagement, a detailed Council Report and Summary of Engagement was presented at the February Ordinary Council Meeting (22 February 2023).
The report recommended the approval of Option 2 – dark colour scheme with timber finish.
You can view the full Council Report and Summary of Engagement in the document section below.
In 2023 the public toilets on Lady Bay Road, Southport are scheduled to be upgraded. Proposed renovations include replacing all fixtures, safety and hygiene improvements, and a more aesthetically pleasing exterior.
- Interior and exterior painting and cosmetic improvements
- New toilet cubicles and changing cubicles
- New roofline to increase rainwater collection and new 25,000L rainwater tank
- Non-slip epoxy floor coatings, LED sensor lighting, baby change tables and electric hand dryers
- Service duct for water pumps and cleaning equipment storage
- Rubbish bin storeroom with incorporated waste disposal chutes
Design options prepared by Ford Building & Design.