As the Huon Valley’s major provider of recreational facilities, programs and services, we want to make sure our community is having its needs met.
That’s why we are developing a stand-alone Huon Valley Recreation Plan to compliment the councils Strategic Plan 2015-2025.
After an extensive search we have appointed landscape architects Inspiring Place to draft the strategy. They were selected based on experience and value for money. As part of the project they have been given a number of objectives:
- Research the changing recreational needs of needs of the Huon Valley
- Make sure access to facilities is fair and equitable
- Investigate how we can better use our existing facilities and spaces
- Identify the need for new facilities where demand has changed
- Highlight opportunities for recreational activities to increase tourism to the Huon Valley
- Consult widely with the community throughout the process
Representatives of sporting clubs, groups and the community are invited to attend and participate in workshops with the Consultants on the following dates:
14 May 2019, 5pm – 7.30pm
15 May 2019, 5pm – 7.30pm
16 May 2019, 5pm – 7.30pm
If you can’t make it to a workshop and would like to share some ideas with us please do so below: