The Huon Valley Council has made the difficult decision to close its Customer Service Centre at 40 Main Street, Huonville from close-of-business Friday 27 March 2020.
“This is an unfortunate measure but one that we consider necessary to protect our staff and community against COVID-19,” said Huon Valley Council General Manager Emilio Reale.
“We encourage our community to stay safe and minimise your face-to-face interactions by considering if your contact with Council is time-sensitive and if you could lodge your request via the internet or phone.”
Many transactions and service requests can be dealt with via the Council website at www.huonvalley.tas.gov.au/online-services.
- Payments for Rates, application fees, licences and registrations
- Customer Service Requests for roads, waste management, environmental health and animals
Other ways you can contact us include:
- Email via email@example.com (application lodgements such as planning and plumbing will need to be done this way)
- Phone us on (03) 6264 0300
Please note that anyone needing a Justice of the Peace will need to phone and make an appointment.
At this stage, the only other Council locations that are currently closed to the public include:
- Port Huon Sports & Aquatic Centre
- Cygnet Sports Centre
- Huonville Pool
- Huon Valley Visitor Centre in Huonville
- Geeveston Visitor Centre (including Geeveston Town Hall)
- Re-Use Shop at the Southbridge Waste Transfer Station (Huonville)
Each of Council’s waste transfer stations in Huonville, Cygnet, Geeveston and Dover remain open and are accepting waste during normal operating hours.
“Our staff are continually assessing and implementing ways that we can deliver essential Council services through non face-to-face ways of communicating,” said Mr Reale. “Thank you for bearing with us while we work through these challenges. Updates will be provided on our website and on the Huon Valley Council Facebook page.”