Animal exercise areas allow owners to responsibly exercise their dogs off the leash
The following sites have been declared “animal exercise areas” and are designated with clear and current signage:
- Ranelagh Showground
- Area west of the unmade section of Elizabeth Street to the western boundary excluding the area utilised by the Huon and Channel Kennel Club as dog show arenas.
- Franklin Foreshore
- Area south of the Franklin Bowls Club to the southern most toilet block.
- Council land – Heron Street, Huonville
- Between the Huonville Scout Hall and the Huonville Swimming Pool Carpark.
- Shipwrights’s Point Regatta Ground
- excluding the children’s playground.
- Kent Beach Road, Dover
- Foreshore area from the slipway south to Knobby Point.
- Lymington Road, Cygnet
- Beach area immediately north of Drip Point.
- Memorial Drive, Geeveston
- Heritage Park, Geeveeston
- Fenced dog area in the Park.
- Cygnet Recreation Ground Exercise Area
- North eastern corner of the ground bounded by the woodchopping area and Agnes Rivulet.
These locations are all clearly marked on the council facilities map.