The Huon Valley Council is now calling for applications for the 2020 Natural Resource Management (NRM) Environment Grants program.
Are you a volunteer care group or Landcare Tasmania member in the Huon Valley? Do you have an ambitious nature conservation, rehabilitation, or environmental management project that requires funding assistance? Do you need support to continue the work you’re already doing?
Financial assistance is available through the NRM Environment Grants program for one of two categories:
- Proposed projects that have a focus on improving or protecting the natural values within the Huon Valley (maximum value $4000)
- Training and/or equipment to support a group’s continued operations (maximum value $500)
To be eligible, care groups and individuals must demonstrate that the proposed works align with Huon Valley Council’s NRM Strategic Objective 1: To protect and enhance natural land, coast and waterway systems and the flora and fauna that relies on them and the cultural and natural values within them.
Examples of previously funded projects include:
- Swift parrot habitat recreation and installation of nesting boxes on Huon Island
- Implementation of a citizen science-based bat monitoring program
- Creation of native bird sanctuaries by special interest students
- Installation of interpretive signage on birds of the Far South region
More information can be found on our Natural Resource Management Environment Grants page. A copy of the guidelines, application forms and information on how to apply for a care group grant are also available from Council’s NRM Coordinator on (03) 6264 0300 or via email@example.com.
Council’s NRM Unit can help you with project development and application preparation. Landcare, coastcare and ‘Friends of’ groups are encouraged to apply.
Completed applications can be lodged the following ways:
- Online on the Natural Resource Management Environment Grants page
- In person at the Council’s Customer Service Centre, 40 Main Street, Huonville
- By post to PO Box 210, Huonville, Tasmania 7109
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 7 April 2020.
Feature image: Friends of Mosquito Point (Huon Valley Roamers Landcare)