Over four days ~ from 31 October to 3 November 2019 ~ Cygnet and surrounds will be alive (or undead) with panel sessions, parties, workshops and free community events.
The inaugural theme, Murder She Wrote, is an exploration of crime and mystery fiction written by women past and present.
In addition to celebrating darker words and worlds, the festival will encourage readers to extend their bookshelves and writers to expand their knowledge and networks. Reading, writing and literacy groups will have an opportunity to connect with each other, and community members wishing to volunteer may learn new organisational and production skills.
- Murder She Wrote: Panel Sessions Two days of examinations, interrogations and line-ups
- Hall of Writers A day-long book room where readers meet authors and their books. For Australian crime fiction, Tasmanian crime fiction and Tasmanian children’s authors and publishers and local Huon Valley authors of any ilk.
- Masterclasses and Workshops Gain knowledge and confidence from a series of writing workshops and manuscript masterclasses, as well as pitching to publishers and agents for real industry feedback
- Noir at the Bar Dress up for a 1920s speakeasy of jazz, spoken word and illegal cocktails
- Curse of the Sphinx: Murder Mystery Dinner Can you catch a killer in 1920s Cairo before anyone else?
- NaNoWriMo Program Includes three days of writing bliss in a quiet zone
- Youth Writer Residencies At locations across the Huon Valley
- Children’s Program Includes readings and workshops, a writing competition and a Halloween party
- Terror Australis Festival Art Competition In conjunction with the Huon Art Exhibition Group
There will also be an extensive Foodie Program, featuring the best produce the Huon Valley has to offer.
For more information on the program, purchase tickets or volunteer, please click here