Any current vacancies will be listed below.
Huon Valley Council Medical Careers:
The Huon Valley Council owns and operates the Geeveston and Dover Medical Centres.
Expressions of Interest are currently open for General Practitioners.
Find out more about Huon Valley Council Medical Careers.
Click the Apply Now button under the position you wish to apply and submit your application.
Applications are to include a CV, covering letter and a separate document addressing the selection criteria indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
To ensure the selection panel can view your documents, please make sure written responses, resume/CVs, or copies of supporting documents have been saved in either Microsoft Word format (.doc, .docx), Portable Document Format (.pdf) or Rich Text Format (.rtf).
About This Position
- Fixed Term Casual – October to April
- $56,163 to $57,770 plus 13% Super
Australia’s southernmost municipal area, the Huon Valley Council, is looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic people to join their Recreation Services team for summer pool season.
Working primarily at the Huonville Pool, you will be ensuring the safety of patrons by providing effective supervision and lifeguarding to those using the facility. To be successful in this role you will need to hold a current Pool Lifeguard qualification and First Aid certificate. You will also require a current Working with Vulnerable People Check, and strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Minimum preferred completion of Year 10. Basic vocational training e.g. pre-apprenticeship, Traineeship certificate
- Current Pool Life Guard accreditation
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Working with Vulnerable People card
- Knowledge of sports centre and swimming pool operations
- Strong communication skills with the ability to resolve conflict and provide direction to Centre users as required
- Problem solving skills with the ability to use own initiative Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience in Local Government
- Previous experience in Sports Centre operation
- Previous experience as a Pool Lifeguard
For further information on this position contact Rebecca Bell, Manager Recreation Services, (03) 6264 0371.
To be considered for this role your application should include a CV and a covering letter indicating your ability to meet the role requirements.
Application Close Date
$54,623 to $55,816 plus 12.5% Super