The Huon Valley Recreation Plan is designed as a ten-year guide for future planning, development and management of sport and recreation within the Huon Valley. As part of its development, the Huon Valley community, sporting clubs, schools and other groups were invited to a series of workshops and an online survey was available to complete online.
The Recreation Plan addresses a range of aspects including:
- changing needs within the community;
- achieving equitable access to multipurpose facilities and spaces;
- better utilisation of existing recreational facilities and services;
- potential for changing, enhancing, sharing or rationalising use of existing facilities;
- identifying the need and priority for new facilities; and
- opportunities where recreational pursuits may also engage tourism.
This is an open consultation. The Council is seeking the community’s views on the draft plan, with all views welcome and encouraged.
On conclusion of the Consultation, the Project Team will analyse the community feedback and the Community Engagement Feedback Summary report will be presented to Council along with the Draft Huon Valley Recreation Plan in the coming months.