The Franklin foreshore area has been a focal point for rowing, cricket, football, cycling and other sports since the 1800’s and is strongly linked with the early history of Franklin’s settlement and the development of the Huon Valley.
This master plan will allow Council to plan for future development of the area and seek funding when available.
The purpose of the project is to:
- Promote the use of the Franklin foreshore area and support measures to increase community access to the foreshore and create a sporting precinct that can be enjoyed by the community
- Improve pedestrian access from the existing walking track to the Franklin Oval
- Provide improved sports facilities including cricket training nets, handball court and tennis rebound wall
At the Ordinary Council meeting of 26 August 2020 a revised plan was tabled and Council resolved the following;
a) The report on the Community Engagement Summary Report on the Draft Franklin Master Plan Stage 3 – Sporting Precinct be received and noted.
b) The Draft Revised Franklin Master Plan Stage 3 – Sporting Precinct (Rev.2) included in Attachment E of this Report is adopted for implementation within the budget allocation.
c) The Report on the Community Engagement Summary Report on the Draft Franklin Master Plan Stage 3 – Sporting Precinct be made available to the public on the Council website.
The revised plan took in consideration the following:
- meeting the Cricket Australia Community Cricket Facilities Guidelines, in particular the outdoor training facilities principles, orientation, location and design.
- separating the pedestrian and vehicle parking along the foreshore
- landscaping of the area
- previous reports on the former clubrooms site
- Franklin Heritage Specific Area Plan
The full report and Summary of Engagement is available in the document section.
Community engagement on this project is now closed.
For more information contact Council’s Community Engagement Officer on (03) 6264 0300 or via email@example.com.