Council is renewing the Fourfoot Rd Bridge in Geeveston, the one nearest the highway and the ‘One Stop Shop’, the week beginning 16 January 2017.
• We need to close the road at the bridge for the week to renew it from Monday 16 January 8am to Friday 20 January 2017 4pm. (Subject to change).
• While the bridge is closed we will be detouring vehicles around Harwoods Rd and Castle Forbes Bay (see map below).
• Harwoods Road will be graded prior to the 16th of January and its condition will be monitored during the closure and maintained as necessary.
• Signage will be installed at Castle Forbes Bay and Geeveston directing traffic on the detour.
• Emergency services have been notified of the closure and detour route.
• A temporary pedestrian access bridge will be installed on Fourfoot Road at the bridge site during the works.
• Geeveston Primary School has allowed affected residents to park their vehicles in the school car park for convenience.
• Please drive to the conditions when using Harwoods Road.
• We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause, and will endeavour to renew the bridge and re-open the road without delay.
If you have any questions, please ring us on (03) 6264 0300.