Please have your bins out by 6am on the day of collection and make sure there is a space of 1 metre between your household waste bin and your recycling bin.
Make sure your bin is facing the road (wheels should be closest to your property). Don’t place your bin behind parked cars or under trees with overhanging branches.
Please do not overfill your bins. Overfull or excessively heavy bins may not be emptied.
Green household waste bin
Household waste bins are collected weekly and should only be used for general household waste that cannot be recycled.
Yellow recycling bin
These bins are collected fortnightly on the same day of the week as your household waste bin.
Recyclable items include:
- paper and cardboard (including newspapers, magazines, catalogues, envelopes, egg cartons, milk cartons, juice cartons, cardboard boxes and any other paper)
- glass bottles and jars
- Empty aluminium, steel and aerosol cans
- All rigid plastic containers (including plastic drink bottles, yoghurt containers, detergent bottles, shampoo bottles).
- take lids off bottles
- place all recyclables loose in the bin
- do not bundle newspapers
- do not put recyclables in plastic bags or bin liners
- do not put plastic bags in the bin.
Items not accepted by the kerbside collection service
- building and construction waste
- car components
- rocks and earth
- hot ashes
- hazardous waste (including ammunition, paint, oil, heavy metal batteries, pharmaceuticals, poisons, pesticides).