The roles and functions of the committee are to provide advice on:
- Development and implementation of an Arts and Heritage Strategy and Action Plan
- The development of funding applications for the delivery of arts and heritage projects
- Endorsement of appropriate funding applications developed by external local stakeholders
- Promotion of the arts and heritage tourism value of the Huon valley
- Contemporary arts and heritage issues and ideas
- Matters of state and local heritage listings
- The creation and funding of public art
- The delivery of externally funded projects that require a coordinated effort from various stakeholders
- Future policy and project opportunities
The Arts & Heritage Committee meet on a 6 weekly basis.
Agendas for meetings are available one week before the meeting.
Copies of minutes of previous meetings are are listed below.
In 2011, consultants Poco People/MADE Tasmanian Consortium were engaged to undertake
the process in collaboration with the Council.
After considerable consultation, planning and development, the Huon Valley Arts and Heritage
Strategy and Action Plan was endorsed in September 2012.
To view Councils Arts & Heritage Strategy click here
To View Councils Media Release for the Arts & Heritage Strategy Launch click here
Huon Valley Council
40 Main Street, Huonville 7109
Phone: 6264 0300
Arts & Heritage Advisory Committee Terms of Reference
ARTS & HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CHAIR - Cr Rosalie Woodruff Ph: 6295 1907
Arts & Heritage Links