Huon Valley Children's Services has Centre Based Care in Huonville, Dover and Geeveston.
Each centre is open Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) and provides quality care with qualified professional staff and has full day/half day and casual bookings available.
Please click on the links below for more information about each centre:
In our Education & Care Centres we believe it is important that:
- Children feel accepted and are valued for their individualism.
- The environment is safe, caring and secure.
- The atmosphere of the service is welcoming, friendly, stimulating and encouraging.
- Children are inspired to learn and to reach their potential in all areas of development; physically, cognitively, socially, emotionally and creatively.
- Children are encouraged to develop appropriate social skills, tolerance and consideration of individual differences in others, respect for themselves and for other people and property.
- The curriculum supports and promotes the development of individuality in terms of skills, abilities and interests.
- The curriculum is child-centred, play-based and adult guided, rather than adult dominated.
- The curriculum provides varied and challenging activities that encourage exploration, creativity and problem-solving in an atmosphere that fosters confidence, independence and self esteem.
- Each child has access to resources and opportunities for learning experiences.
Children's Services values Educators who:
- Are warm and nuturing, and who are responsive to the needs of the children.
- Encourage the efforts, give positive guidance, and share their discoveries and their achievements.
- Have a genuine interest in the development of all children in our education and care setting.
- Want to work alongside children, sometimes guiding, sometimes directing, sometimes discovering things together, and sometimes learning from children and acknowledging this to them.
- Facilitate the development of each child's unique aptitudes, skills and interests.
- Provide opportunities for children to interact with others (both adults and children) away from the home environment, enabling them to broaden their experiences and learn about differing values and beliefs.
(Please note: the philosophy is currently beginning a review process)