A council may allow rates to be paid by instalments instead of in one payment. You should check with council what arrangements are possible and the dates by which instalments are to be paid. These will be notified in a rates notice issued to each ratepayer.
If a ratepayer fails to pay any instalment within 21 days of the date on which the rates are due, the council may require the ratepayer to pay the full amount owing.
Methods of payment are usually outlined on the back of your rates notice and include payment:
- In person at Council Offices at 40 Main Street, Huonville, (Monday-Friday 8:20am - 5:00pm);
- By mail addressed to: The General Manager, Huon Valley Council, PO Box 210, Huonville 7109. Cheques should be made payable to Huon Valley Council and marked 'Not Negotiable';
- In person at any Post Office or Australia Post Agency;
Credit Card payments by phone/internet. Phone payments can be accepted for holders of Visa, Mastercard or Bankcard by either:
- 24 hour Interactive Voice Response Line (IVR) - call 1300 276 468
- Council's Customer Service Centre: open Monday - Friday 8:20am - 5:00pm - call (03) 6264 0300
- online at https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/huonvalley (You will need information off your rates notice)
- By Direct Debit using the Direct Debit Authority Form (Application forms are also available at the Council Office)
- By BPAY. Call your bank, credit union or building society to make payment from your account. Council's BPAY Biller Code is 959973. More info: http://www.bpay.com.au/