Huon Valley Council, Tasmania
Huon Valley Council, Tasmania

Pension Rebate

Under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1993, a ratepayer may apply to a council for remission of all or part of the rates paid or payable.
To be entitled to apply, the Local Government (Rates and Charges Remissions) Act 1991 requires that a ratepayer must be an eligible pensioner and must own and occupy the property as his or her principle dwelling on or prior to 1 July of the rating year.

To be an eligible pensioner you must have:
A Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card (Australian Government Seniors card does not qualify) OR
A Department of Veteran's Affairs Repatriation Health "Gold Card" which bears the inscription "War Widow " or "TPI".

Applications for pension rebates must be received by the council by 31 March of any year in which the rates are calculated.

Please click here to download a Pensioner Rebate Form