Huon Valley Council, Tasmania
Huon Valley Council, Tasmania

Driveway Construction


The construction and maintenance of accesses from public roads to the property boundary is the responsibility of the property owner.

Accesses are not to be constructed without a written permit from Council (for Council maintained roads) or from the Department of Infrastructure, Energy and Resources (DIER) for State maintained roads.

When constructing accesses Council and DIER have construction standards including culvert and headwalls - sealing of access off sealed roads - site distance to be a minimum standard.

Before undertaking any work please contact either Council or DIER for a permit. An officer will be happy to meet you onsite to view the location and provide assistance.

Please see the below documents for more information or to download an application:

Once form is completed please return to Council's Customer Service section via:

Mailing Address - PO Box 210, Huonville Tas 7109
Deliver to Council Chambers, 40 Main Street, Huonville