Buy local this Christmas and win
Australian Red Cross centenary
Temporary food business registrations for Huon Show, Cygnet Folk Festival and A Taste of the Huon
Did You Know?
- The Huon Valley Council is the southern-most local government area in Australia. The municipal area is 5,497 square kilometres in size.
- The Council has a partnership with internet service provider TasmaNet to ensure that businesses and residents in the Huon Valley have access to fast and reliable high-speed internet.
- The Council operates three medical centres in the Huon Valley in Cygnet, Dover and Geeveston.
- The Council produces a community and business directory for the Huon Valley. The directory is available from the Council's Customer Service Centre or online at www.huonvalleydirectory.com.au.
- The Council provides a diverse range of services in the community including a number of sport and recreational facilities, three medical centres, waste management and infrastructure. To find out more, click on the Huon Valley Council 2012-2013 A-Z Services Directory button below. Or pick up a copy from the Customer Service Centre.
- Each year the Council provides up to $30,000 in funding to various community groups as part of the annual community grants program.
- New to the Huon Valley? Drop in to the Council's Customer Service Centre to pick up a new resident welcome pack.
- Interested in exploring the Huon Valley? Visit the Huon Trail website at www.huontrail.org.au or drop in to the Huon Valley Visitor Centre on the Huon Highway, Huonville.
- The Council operates a bi-monthly business newsletter with information on training, grants and other business-related information.Why not register your business details with the Council?
- The Council operates a number of children's services including 3 early education and care services, family-based care, baby capsule hire, child care links program, community playgroup, vacation care and after school care.
- The Council maintains 522km of unsealed and 182km of sealed roads.